June Bride

June Bride

Friday, August 22, 2014

BOKEH

BOKEH (bo-ka) ... what does this mean? I didn't know until the other day! It means "the way the lens renders out-of-focus points of  light" - such as you see in the photos below. We all have seen many such photos and thought how pretty they were. Now you know the name of the technique used! :)
Don't you love this dandelion photo? I don't care for dandelions when they are yellow but I love them when they reach this stage!
And then there is the photo of just the lights which have been rendered out-of-focus.



So, by now you are probably wondering why I am going down this road! Well, the other day I saw a card made with the "bokeh technique". If I remembered where I would send you there - but I don't know where. Anyway, I decided to try this out.

ENJOY 
Here is my rendition of the Bokeh Technique!


This is a sneak peek at a new frame - Filigree Frame - from the Holiday Catalogue which goes LIVE on the 28 of August.

Tell me what you think - did I capture "bokeh"? The next one I do will be softer by stamping off more before stamping on my focal point. I hope you will give this one a try!

Blessings and hugs!
Ruthie

No comments: